Meggie! (rivulet) wrote,

Back to work...

This weekend was crazy. But now, ten minutes after I get off work I can be home.

On Thursday, Cory left extra early and took the greyhound down to Corvallis after leaving Remmers and the car at his friend Mike's house. He picked up the U-Haul and packed up. Keep in mind that Corvallis is hotter than Portland, and Portland's hottest day so far (I'm pretty sure, anyway) was Thursday. I talked to him on the phone briefly, and he told me it took him an hour to get just the couch down from his apartment to the truck. He did it all alone. He stopped at Burger King for lunch but only ate some fries. When I got home, I helped him bring his stuff upstairs. Let me tell you, I never want to do that again as long as I live. It was AWFUL. That couch is never going to see another apartment, that much is certain.

I was bringing an armload of stuff upstairs when we were almost through unloading the truck, and I could hear him breathing really heavily and loudly, and realized that he had heat exhaustion. I had to stick him in the bathtub and grab his burger for him. I wasn't worried too much until he looked up at me and said "I can't feel my fingers!" and started giggling. Now that I look back on it, it's funny, but I asked him a million times later that evening and the next day if he was OK.

We had TV dinners that night when the truck was unloaded, and watched Trekkies. It was stupid. We slept on the futon in the living room with the fans blasting.

The next morning, Friday, we went to my place and packed everything up. It took a little over an hour. I don't think I've ever sweated as much as I did on Thursday and Friday. Ugh. Friday night's shower was SO good. After we unloaded my stuff from the truck, we went to U-Haul on TV Hwy. to turn in the truck, and then we had no idea how to get back to the MAX station to go to Mike's house, so we walked a hell of a long way to get to it. I wish I knew my way around better. Remmy was really happy to see us, and we were really happy to see the car - we were tired and sore from Thursday, and walking a bit over a mile and a half didn't help.

We tried to watch Kiss Me, Kate that night but it was kinda stupid too. I thought I liked it before. I saw it on the stage, and liked it better than the movie.

Saturday, we cleaned up as much as we could. We got pretty far. Then we had to go to the zoo for my company party. It was boring, so we left after two hours or so. I won a $50 gift certificate to the Discovery Channel Store, though. And we rode the zoo train.

During all of this, I tried to get back online with NetZero but found that I could not. I don't know why. I'm going to have to email them and ask them to cancel my account there, and probably end up getting rid of the computer and using one of Cory's Macs instead. I'm tired of this computer. Now I need to know how much to sell it for. :)

Yesterday we went on a wild REI chase, and bought a few things for the new place at Wal-Mart and Bed Bath & Beyond, including a bookshelf that required no tools to put it together. Ooh. Then we got groceries and had turkey burritos for dinner, and watched Dick (good movie) and The Mothman Prophesies (Cory fell asleep towards the climax...), during which time I finished sewing together my afghan motifs, and then we went to sleep. The clock on the dresser was almost twenty minutes fast, and it messed me up in the morning. Cory left early to go to work (he has to sleep there tonight) and I took Remmy out to play at the edge of the holly farm. There were about thirty slugs all over the ground, and Remmy stepped on one. :( Now she's full of burrs and I need to get her a comb so I don't have to pick them all out with my fingers. I get to take care of her tonight and tomorrow morning too. It's interesting having a dog. I sat and watched the news this morning and she stared at me the whole time. Weirdo.

So now I'm waiting for my boss to get back to me on what I'm going to do today. I called her at 8 and she said "let me get my ducks in a row and call you back." It's taken me half an hour to write this thing, and I haven't heard a peep. Oh well. It's nice to have some free time to check email and update stuff since I can't get online at home.

Nicoal and Josh are coming to our party! Are YOU?
Tags: moving
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.