Meggie! (rivulet) wrote,

We slept in for quite awhile - it was almost 8 by the time we got out of the tent. We had no food for breakfast, so we packed up and left. Old Priest Station was only about thirty miles away, so we checked it out and went back into Groveland, which really cute from the road but ended up being pretty inhospitable. The saloon had a few people in it taking tequila shots at 10:30am. The lady who made our lunch didn't say a word to us, not even when we said thanks. And almost nothing was open, even around noon on a Monday morning. Oh well. We went back to our cabin (after a nice game of parkball), got our key from the goth teens in the office, and turned on the AC high.

We spent most of the day in bed. It was very nice to have a day to relax before the big final leg of our journey (which neither of us were really looking forward to, partly because it's a long boring drive and partly because it's the end of the honeymoon). We spent a few minutes playing parkball in the evening again, got some pizza, and went back to the cabin. Before bed, we packed up, as we were planning on getting an early start in the morning. Cory went out to take some pictures and came back in to tell me there was a deer in the grass near our cabin, so we looked at it out on the porch for a little while before we went to sleep.

We got up really early and left Old Priest Station as soon as we could. We'd decided the day before that we were going to go into San Francisco for a couple of hours and visit a shop at Fisherman's Wharf that had WPA-esque posters of various Bay Area parks that Cory liked. So we hit traffic (of course) and drove into downtown SF, and parked in a garage (it was finally cool out so Remmy was OK in the car), and walked around the wharf waiting for the store to open up. When it did, we went in and bought four small prints. We also bought a couple of other things (sourdough bread, postcards) at the wharf and at Ghiradelli square, and we had lunch. We headed out of San Fran at almost 1, and started the long trek back home. I read half of the Harvey Girls book I'd gotten to Cory on the way up, and it was hot all the way through the valley but we opened the windows once it got dark and we got further up into Oregon. There was a lot of smoke in Ashland and Medford, and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. At about Eugene we were just about done with the whole car thing, but we pushed on, and I tried to ask Cory more questions to get him to stay awake. But I think we both spaced out during the last ten miles or so. We got home at about 12:30am and fell into bed. Trout was very happy to see us - she slept on the pillow next to my head that night.

Phew, that was long. Hope I kept one or two of you out of the realm of boredom for at least a little while. :)
Tags: honeymoon
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.